Sepia kit: Baby footprints and handprints molding set: a priceless souvenir!
The kit allows parents to keep a 3D memory of one footprint and one handprint of their baby aged between 0 and 12 months. You can make 2 or 3 pieces. The finished product is in plaster and will stick on the decorative plate with a photo of the baby.
With the Sepia molding kit, it is easy to make yourself a souvenir of your baby aged of 12 months and lower. You can take many imprints of the baby since the paste is reusable.
The paste allows to mold and remold the feet and the hands the number of times wanted in order to obtain a nice impression. You can produce between 2 and 4 pieces.
The product results in a souvenir in 3D, the assembly is made on a plate of wood imitation marble.
Our kit is the Best 3D molding kit because:
- Easy to make, simple instructions,
- Safe for the baby
- Premium molding kit
- Reusable natural craft paste over a period of 12 months
- Made in Quebec
- Professional results
- Shelf life of the product: 2 years before opening the box and one year after opening
THE CONTENT OF THE SET:
• 1 instruction sheet
• 1 decorative plate 24 cm x 30 cm 9”x12 ”
• 1 molding compound 250g (1/2 pound)
• 1 finishing plaster 250g (1/2 pound)
• 1 container to quantify paper water 30 ml (1 ounce)
• 1 container to quantify the paper plaster 30 ml (1 ounce)
• 1 container to be mixed in paper 150ml (5 oz)
• 1 stick to mix
• 1 tube of adhesive
• 4 self-adhesive corners
• 1 bronze plate for inscription
Detailed Instruction – SEPIA Casting Assembly
STEPS TO FOLLOW
Sit in the kitchen because you need water and a counter. In addition, it will be easier to clean the damage!
• Be careful when handling plaster and glue: for safety, wear a mask, gloves and glasses.
1. Preparation of the molding paste. The dough should have a temperature of at least 22 ° C or 70 ° F. Begin by slightly kneading the dough to make it soft (30 seconds). The warmth of your hands will help to soften it.
2. Make a base with all the molding paste and place on a plate. Give it an oval shape to mold the foot or a round shape to mold the hand. The base should have a height of 2.5 cm (1 inch). You make the shape of the base sufficiently large to accommodate the small foot or the small hand and so that it remains a border of paste at least of 1cm (1/4 inch) all around the small member, Footprint made. After use, keep the paste tightly wrapped. If placed in the refrigerator (not in the freezer) you can reuse it for 1 year.
3. To mold the little hand or small foot of the baby. Hold the child in his arms. Take the ankle or wrist and place the foot or hand by pressing slightly so as to leave an imprint on the base. The impression should have a depth of 1 to 2 cm (1/4 to ½ inch). You can start again several times before getting a good impression! Knead and form a new base for each molding. You will also start again to make the other small hands and feet. After molding, rinse the small hand or small foot with lukewarm water.
4. To cast the plaster into the impression. Since we make an impression at a time, we will therefore cast one imprint at a time. Mix 2 parts plaster with 1 part cold water in the large paper container 150ml (5 ounces) and quantify it using the 30 ml (1 ounce) paper container. Stir gently, without making too many bubbles, about 60 seconds with the stick in order to dissolve the plaster well, then pour into the impression. Allow to dry for 60 minutes at room temperature before demolding gently. Let dry 3 days before making your final editing. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 to get another small memory of the baby. The molding compound reacts to the contact of the plaster, it bleached, it is normal! Tip to give color, when mixing for plaster, you can add 10 drops of food coloring to the water.
5. To bond the finished product to the wooden plate. Place and place your small souvenirs on the left or right side of your choice, then your photo (4×6 or 5×7). Shove the sticky corners before attaching the photo to the plate. Be careful, once glued, you will not be able to move them. Put a small glue medallion on one side of the small keepsake and a glue medallion at the chosen spot on the plate. Be careful not to put too much glue, it is liquid and will spread easily. Let dry 1 minute separately before putting the small souvenir on the chosen place on the plate. Allow to dry 24 hours before hanging. You can enter the name of the child, as well as any other details you want on the brochure before sticking it! You can have it burned at a trophy maker.
Thank you for using our molding kit,
**You would like to have our team to your house to mold your child? Nothing easier. Please visit our home services page.